Friday, June 6, 2014

Day 21 - Andrews, Maryland to Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

We left Andrews, but not before we had seen - not played - the three golf courses and not before we had seen one of the official planes (this one on display). We went back through D.C. towards Arlington, Virginia and then north back into Philadelphia, to Gettysburg. This was a day of history and thinking of those who lost their lives for the country.
The States flags at Andrews Golf Course

On Display

We had to drive the freeway a second time to catch the sign

Arlington

So many lost their lives

The Capitol in the distance

And more of the lost lives

The Memorial Amphitheater

Back to Pennsylvania

Gettysburg

Gettysburg

Gettysburg Cemetary

4 comments:

  1. I believe your photos well capture the solemnity of such places where so many sad and happy stories from the past seek a quiet, still, patient and willing listener. ~dj

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you dj, it was an amazing day, I cannot express the intense feeling that we had at both places. I am so happy that we were able to see this on our trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got chills just scrolling through the pictures. I hope I get to see it someday. I am loving your daily updates! Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Cheri, I love this blog idea, it is a better opportunity to share more information about the trip than I would do on fb. I am happy you are looking into it.

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think