Sunday, May 25, 2014

Day 9 - Minneapolis, Minnesota to Minocqua, Wisconsin

Crossing the big river for the last time on this trip - I assume - going back to Wisconsin at St Croix Falls Northeast of Minneapolis. Both States, MN and WI are so green with an amazing number of stunning little lakes along the road and rivers, rivers, rivers. We drove through Barron, the Turkey Capitol of Wisconsin - didn't see a turkey though, but factories, wish we had seen some wild turkeys anyway.
Then we drove through the town of Tomahawk in the search of a special house - couldn't find it and moved on to our final destination for today, Minocqua close to the Stateline of Michigan.
Another warm welcome to Wisconsin

Wildflowers in northern Wisconsin



Wisconsin River in Tomahawk
And more wildflowers
Sunset Lake Minocqua

4 comments:

  1. Minnesota and Wisconsin are two states that I've never seen. Thanks for the tour. ~dj

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have you seen all the other 48 states? I am now at a count of 30 and hope to get a few more on our trip

      Delete
  2. You are way ahead of me! I should stop and count my own states visited total sometime. I should get my dad to do the same. ~dj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can challenge your dad as well when we are back home - but I don't think he is very much in favor of travelling

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think